Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1999.5 f250sd 194,000 miles. my truck ever sense i put the rebuilt turbo in and up pipe gaskets im getting 13.2 mpg empty no trailer. i dont have a heavy foot. and i dont let the rpm usually get above 2200 rpms. i recently have cleaned my airraid air filter and changed the fuel filter. nothing seems to help. i dont hear any boost leaks anywere and my boost gauge reads up to 25 psi what should i check im stumped.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it was sent to a diesel shop to get rebuilt. turbo had 1/2 inch of in and out play. and the impeller was hiting the housing and making noice. and had a bad bearing that why lol. and what i know is they did a good job. they rebuilt the turbo on my dads rigs so im guessing they did a good job

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i use to get 15-16 mpg in the city. now i just filled up last nite and 12.4 mpg. what the hell is wrong with it i put a new turbo in and i have no boost leaks or exhaust leaks.:mad: i really thinking of trading it in on a cummins right :mad:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i would but i dnt wanna pay the stealership 100+ for a injector buzz test and contubution balance test. and fuel pressure i will check were should i tie into the system at?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.