Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I got an 01 Ford F250 7.3 stroker and I have been having a problem with my horn. When I press my horn it just makes a clicking sound that comes from the relay. Im not sure if my horn might just be out or what? Any ideas or suggestions? Also can anyone tell me where my horn is located I tried looking for it, but cant find it?:dunno:

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
Hmm thats a good question I don't know where the horn is located.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I believe it's behind the grill, near radiator mounts. I'm not 100% on that though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it lights up on my dash since I have it turned off for the passanger air bag. So if I turn it on will my horn work?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is it lit up in the instrument cluster? The one above the cup holders doesnt matter. If its lit up on the instrument cluster and the horn doesnt work, you need a clockspring.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no I was talking aobut the one over the cup holder. Any other ideas of what it could be. The other day I was driving and I went to press the horn and it honked n then kinda sounded like it was dyin out. You think it might just be the horn thats bad?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
unplug the horn and see if you have voltage at the connection when yhou honk. You said you could hear the relay click so that means the low power contol side is ok. you need to check from the relay to the horn. so it either has a wiring problem between the relay an horn or the horn is bad

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
You need to remove the right hand battery tray, and right hand inner fender apron to access the horn

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry I can't help you with this. My horn is so touchy that if I even brush up against it while turning a corner it will go off. :tard: I once had my dog with me and he jumped into the drivers seat... Sounded like my alarm was going off because he kept brushing against the steering wheel. :hehe:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts