Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought another truck, 7.3 1997 powerstroke, well the bat. We're shot so I threw two new ones in... Well hooked one up wrong. Melted the terminal. So I got another bat. And installed the right way and now I have lights but won't crank... What did I do? Please help me. Thanks.

Registered
You TEST all fuses the same way - put an ohmmeter or continuity tester across the terminals. If, by "big square", you mean the RELAYS in the underhood panel, there are standard relay testing procedures for the coil and contact circuits. All fuse and relay assignments are listed in the owner's manual.

When you say "won't crank", do you mean the engine doesn't turn when you turn the key to START? What "lights" do you get? Illumination or indicator lights? When you turn the key to RUN, does the WTS light come on?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so I was talking to my dad and he mentioned putting it in neutral and try starting it. So I did and well it worked... Dads are always right! Thanks for the help. He said it probably had a piece of ice in the sensor on the trans. So my backwards bat. Had nothing to do with it. Figures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.