Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to do a hoodstack but I’m not good at fabricating. Does anyone know someone who could make me the pipe to do it?

·
Premium Member
7,710 Posts
3 words... Don't do it

Bed stacks are bad enough, if you want to drive your truck on the street, don't do a hood stack

·
Hate stupid people
8,503 Posts
I've helped install a couple of hoodstack kits through BlackCloud Diesel
But generally the drag/sled trucks I've helped with have been a DIY turbo- hood stack routing.

·
Premium Member
11,606 Posts
ANy good muffler shop should be able to fab something up. I'm not talking about Meineke or Midas, but an old school shop. I don't really see any performance benefit to a hoodstack though. I guess it maybe more for putting on a show. I'd probably plumb it out the fender, if I didn't just leave it under the truck.

·
Super Moderator
9,221 Posts
I know there are some rules depending on pulling class, turbo size, etc etc etc. Build it out to what's the least restrictive rule to follow for competition. Maybe think of future mods that may put you into another class. 15' of "straight" exhaust piping compared to 2' of hood piping on a puller isn't going to make any significant performance difference.

·
Vendor
12,796 Posts
I know there are some rules depending on pulling class, turbo size, etc etc etc. Build it out to what's the least restrictive rule to follow for competition. Maybe think of future mods that may put you into another class. 15' of "straight" exhaust piping compared to 2' of hood piping on a puller isn't going to make any significant performance difference.
15' vs 2' absolutely makes a big difference in EGT's when you get into bigger HP.

Grand Rock makes kits, but you may need a bit of tweaking depending on where you locate it with the stamping lines on the hood.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts