Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an aftermarket alarm. It uses the factory hood switch. The alarm keeps going off and my phone notification says the hood is open. I took the switch apart and cleaned it. It looks like a simple ground switch. I tested it and all seems normal. Put it back in and same thing happened again. Last thing I have done is unplug the switch and placed a paperclip in-line so as to permanetly ground the circuit. Alarm went off again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark S

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Usually an alarm system uses an added pin style switch, which is grounded when the pin is released and open when the pin is pushed

Check to see if there is another switch -- also, check to see that the hood is reliably pushing the pin on the switch and that the wires is not rubbed thru somewhere

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it is a problem with the alarm. When I log into the app on my phone it shows the hood is open.

When I use the car stereo I have to look at the status of the hood it shows it is closed, until actually open.

I think there is a problem with the alarm wiring, not the switch. I'll run the truck by the alarm installer to fix.

Thanks, everyone.

MS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts