Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i been wanting to do a hood stack for a while so my questions are can it be done on a 6.0? any one with pics of hood and under hood?

i got stock turbo with 4 inch turbo back exhaust i was going to take the exhaust off and use stock exhauset parts so i dont mess up my mbrp exhaust i just want to know if it is possible to do ???

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Anything's possible but I wouldn't want a 5 inch hole in my Hood good luck tho.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Anything is possible. Will it be easy? probably not, will it look freakin AWESOME, yes... keep us posted and best of luck man!

·
riddin' high
2,877 Posts
i saw one done before, it wasnt coming out of his hood though, it came out of the plastic right behind the hood, right beside a wiper.

not sure how it all worked when you open the hood, but it looked damn good

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anything's possible but I wouldn't want a 5 inch hole in my Hood good luck tho.
i got a good hood from a junk yard im going to paint and putt a stack in so i dont mess up my stock hood lol

·
Registered
1,283 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
DO IT!! You could probably route the pipe back up through the hood, but it'd be tight.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Make sure we get some.pics

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
Why ??? This for a pulling truck ? or Daily Driver ? Since no one point out the important facts.

If you do a hood stack do you know where your piping is gonna be layed on ?? Do you know what the temps are gonna be at that pipe ? You do know your hose that leads to your heater core sits right there on the passenger side valve cover ? Also your injector harness ? As well as the main engine harness that runs right above the turbo ? Also your gonna run into the filler neck as well, also your boost tube leading to the intercooler, also the amount of soot thats gonna build up on your passenger side, you aint gonna be able to open the window,

After reading your stats on your truck WHY ? I dont see a reason or practical reasoning behind this, unless this is for a straight pulling truck.

Look at all the electrical wiring ? minus once it gets back into the truck.

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
Rescue, I agree with what your saying. I don't think any of us were thinking very practical. :hehe:

If you took your A/C out you might would have room though.

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
Reasoning behind all my post :hehe: Like the name says Lt Negativity

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
why..........cause it would look awesome!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
I wouldnt do it. first of all, bet a cop would have a good time with that one... second is everything that rescue said. just a bad idea unless you have a turbo mounted in another location such as lubeowner's 6.4 he built which is strictly a pull truck. that is why most of the hood stacks are on dodges as their turbo is on the passenger side of the motor in the middle of the cab, making it wasy. but its your truck...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea i understand what your all sayin thats why i posted a thread for every ones imput i did not think of all that that rescue250 said there is alot of important stuff there that the pipe will run right next to . ill probably just wait i going to try to find an older ford and drop a cummins in it for weekend drivin and the track so from what everyone said ill put one on that :) cause i always wanted a hood stack and my truck now is a daily driver and might not be fun drivin it to florida with a hood stack lol lol
but thanks all for your imput and information

1 - 15 of 15 Posts