Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone home made smoke lens with spray paint. I know they make it I am looking to doing my side lights and clearance lights.

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
have you thought about just replacing the cab lights with the recon replacements??

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I have bought the stuff that Raul at Stealth sells and smoked the lenses on my Toyota. It is pricey but with just regular paint it is alot harder to see through.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
VHT Nite Shade paint!!! 10$ for a can and works great.. 1 can is plenty to do every light lens of the truck

·
Registered
250 Posts
lights

ya vht night shades work really good. but make sure you hit them with a coat of clear coat afterwards

·
Registered
295 Posts
be sure to clean your lenses first, otherwise it will not adhere very well. Also be sure to apply an even coat, its hard to see without light shining through, but I messed mine up a bit. Hope all goes well!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I haven't found any VHT retailers.... Anyone know of any chain stores that stock it or can order it?

·
Registered
492 Posts
you could also go to any hobby shop and get model tint. it's used to do windows on model airplanes and such so it is made for plastic applications. i had mine done at a shop with the clear coat-paint mix. it looks good. i think the can ones are as good though for less money. mine cost 250 for all the lights, emblems, and side vent mesh.
don't know where to get the nightshade though

·
Registered
423 Posts
go to a paint shot and mix 4 clear to 1 ford black spray 6 coats and done

1 - 11 of 11 Posts