Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lucky enough to have a tractor trailer salvage yard about 10 miles from my house. I bought an MBRP down pipe, went to truck pro got a 3-4", and 4-5" couplers. And picked-up a 5" exhaust from the truck salvage yard, I'm going to make it exit right in front of the rear wheel.

Let me know what you think, looks a little rough, I've got to paint.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
I did somthing similer last weekend. I cut my muffler off and welded the tail pipe to where the muffler was, comes out infront of the rear tire, but I need to extend the pipe about 12" so it comes to the outside of the truck

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
looks good. thats the way to do it. custom!! mine comes out in front of the rear wheel also. saved alot of money that way. have fun

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
i did the same thing..it just gets annoying after a while

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Annoying because it to loud? I'm sure I'll end up putting some kind of resonator on it eventually. I actually want to put a set of stacks on the truck, but that salvage yard rarely has a nice set of matching ones (they want $150 for a set) and I'm not willing to spend much more than that....

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
i wish i could find a truck junkyard around here...i always love looking in junkyards

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hey Justin you do live near Houston, Tx... That is like the freaking junk yard capital of the world.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i have that setup now but 4a 6 in tip it sounds nice and looks good i had it flush with the side of my truck but once i got my tw chip installed my back right rim and tire looked like i pulled it out of a pile of coal after 2 min of driving :doh: but i pulled the exhasut out about 5 in so now the smoke goes around the tire

·
Registered
345 Posts
i did the same thing..it just gets annoying after a while
im with you bud! and make sure you stick the pipe out so your rims turn black

·
Registered
512 Posts
Looks good. how much it cost ya?
Mark

W

·
0 Posts
i went to my local muffler shop and got a 10' stick of 4" pipe, 1 90* angle, and a couple of hangers... mine exits in front of my pass rear tire. only have 140 into the setup including my tip and down pipe

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
you will have a black rim all the time, only downfall to that exhaust setup.

·
Registered
234 Posts
you will have a black rim all the time, only downfall to that exhaust setup.
Really? Not always so, I've had that setup for almost two years and have yet to get my wheel or fender black or grey. By the way my truck is white, so I would be able to tell.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts