Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just cut open a coolant filter after 15k miles and had over 1/4 cup of casting sand and junk in it! I changed my first one at 10k of usage and it had nearly the same amount! I can email pics to anyone who wants to post them for me. I can post them from my phone.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I'll pm you, i'll post em.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Holy cow, is right!

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Are you monitoring deltas? What kind of coolant filter are you running?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I run the filter from diesel site.com I have the edge CTS and my monitor my deltas. I was seeing 10-15 unloaded and 30+ towing. I just replaced oil cooler and installed a bulletproof EGR cooler last week. The filters are the Baldwin ones. I ditched the gold for cat ELC this time.

·
Registered
243 Posts
damn! glad im running my coolant filter too.. i run the napa 4070 filter. First time i didn't get much for casting sand though.. prolly because i did the flush shortly before it

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I'm waiting on my coolant filter, been on backorder for a month, supposed to ship monday. I've got 24° delta after a serious tap water and distilled flush. Refilled with elc.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
So you got that amount of crap in your filter before or after you switched to ELC?

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
I did a compleat and thurow flush less than a year ago also changing out my oil cooler but I changed my coolant filter out today and holly sh1t was there a lot of crap in there.

Sent from my GSIII on the Blazer ROM LF8 Radio.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Lets see some pics!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I'm waiting on my coolant filter, been on backorder for a month, supposed to ship monday. I've got 24° delta after a serious tap water and distilled flush. Refilled with elc.

Reverse flush or don't drive it!

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
a reverse flush isnt going to cure his problem. as long as you got rid of your egr cooler then you are ok just keep your oil temp below 250* or you can ruptur your oil cooler. Also I wouldnt wait forever to change out your oil cooler and coolant flush. It needs to be done if your deltas are that high. Anything over 15* mean your oil cooler is bad.

Sent from my GSIII on the Blazer ROM LF8 Radio.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
What is a charged filter? I just used the ones that came with the diesel site kit.
Charge with sct tablets, napa 4070 is non charged. Can't remember baldwin, whats your number. You don't want charged.

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
I use 4070.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts