Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there using this hitch need reviews

https://www.weigh-safe.com/product/weigh-safe-drop-hitch/

I'm not a fan of this type of key locking system.. I have had terrible luck in breaking them in the passed.
Oh and what size drop are you using with stock setups? Was think of getting a 6" drop
Keep in mined down the road I will be getting the biggest size tires I can fit without a LIFT im done with lifted trucks..

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I bought a 10” Weigh Safe hitch. Haven’t used it yet though so I’m of no help. I’ll probably spray some WD40 in the key hole to try and keep road grime out. On my leveled ‘09 with airbags, I had a 6” drop (Anderson/Diversi Tech brand). I’ll be selling the 10” drawbar I bought and get the 6” as I had some lift complications and bought the hitch prior to resolving my lift issues and now it’s too long. There should be lots of guys with reviews on these as I believe they’re one of the only companies that sell a 3” aluminum drawbar.

By the way, saw your other thread. Nice truck!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I'm using their 180 ball mount. I tow a variety of trailers with the lowest being a cargo trailer on 4" drop axles. The 8" drop (9" rise) shank is what I use. That trailer puts the ball platform on the next to lowest setting. A 10" shank is going to be a bit much for a stock truck. Even if you put a true 35" tire on it, that will only lift the truck about 1/2" more off the ground. Edit- my stock size is 34.1", so a 295 tire is 35.1" and only an inch taller overall.
So far as the lock goes; don't use WD40. Either get some lock graphite powder or a dry PTFE spray. Any oil based lube will cause dirt and dust to stick. They do make a rubber boot to go over the lock to help keep dirt out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have this in the 10" drop with 3" shaft. No issues with it, came with a rubber cover for the hitch lock also they re-keyed both the hitch lock and receiver lock to the same key (I think this is actually standard if you get both). Ball swap is a breeze, only thing I wish is if I could turn the ball inwards so I wouldn't walk into it at night (3" shaft doesn't allow for this, 2" and 2-1/2" shaft does.) Hope this helps. There is a pic in my garage if you want to see it installed.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Buddy of mine runs one of these and hauls his toy hauler with it and no issues, he’s had it for a year now

·
Administrator
21,555 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I use the B&W Stow and Tow with a BOLT hitch pin

www . bwtrailerhitches . com /product/tow-stow-adjustable-ball-mount

www . boltlock . com /locks/5-8-inch-receiver-lock/5-8-inch-receiver-lock-ford-side-cut

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I've got a 6" drop 2.5" Weigh-Safe that I think will work great for the stock 350 height (4" rear blocks). Doesn't hit on steep approaches, but still has enough drop for my torsion-axle boat trailer to ride level (sits really low to the ground).

·
Vendor
208 Posts
We sell a ton of hitch products by B&W, CURT, GEN-Y, PULLRITE and others. Reach out to me for a recommendation and a quote via PM or just call.

Regards,

Tommy

(941)451-2826

·
Registered
122 Posts
Anyone out there using this hitch need reviews

Labor Day Sale - 10% Off Weigh Safe

I'm not a fan of this type of key locking system.. I have had terrible luck in breaking them in the passed.
Oh and what size drop are you using with stock setups? Was think of getting a 6" drop
Keep in mined down the road I will be getting the biggest size tires I can fit without a LIFT im done with lifted trucks..
Sorry to be so late on this.

Yes, I definitely recommend. I pulled a dump trailer full of concrete at 14K in my 16 KRLB 350 and it was perfect. The gents at the rental place even liked it. It comes in handy especially when you want to know your tongue weight like I do when I tow.

I used the 6" on my 350 and transferred it to my 19 250.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Good info.
Wondering how he was able to determine the accuracy of the gauge,
[/QUOTE]

I'd assume he used a CAT scale? Mine doesn't appear to be very accurate with a light tongue load, but it seems like it's more accurate the heavier the load gets.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts