Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Let me know when you break 10k miles on the set up. I can't get over 10k miles out of a turbo since tuned. Both turbos that have blown up had exactly 10k tuned on them.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I saw you run at SDX! Damn good job.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Do you think the H&S is the issue? Lack of back pressure? Or do you run the truck hard?

No pointing fingers, just pure observation but I have noticed that with the dpf delete, I see over 30 psi even on "no power". I wonder if this is over speeding the turbo? I see 32-33 on a power setting.

What will the long term effects be with boost number this high?

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Do you think the H&S is the issue? Lack of back pressure? Or do you run the truck hard?
I don't drive the truck hard. Its just a truck, not a race car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Let me know when you break 10k miles on the set up. I can't get over 10k miles out of a turbo since tuned. Both turbos that have blown up had exactly 10k tuned on them.
I had H&S before I got Spartan so between the two I have over 10k miles tuned.

I saw you run at SDX! Damn good job.
Thanks!

No pointing fingers, just pure observation but I have noticed that with the dpf delete, I see over 30 psi even on "no power". I wonder if this is over speeding the turbo? I see 32-33 on a power setting.

What will the long term effects be with boost number this high?
With Spartan war hammer in my truck I have seen 37-38 psi...no issues so far

·
Registered
545 Posts
I don't drive the truck hard. Its just a truck, not a race car.
if i remember correctly weren't both of your turbos the 2011 models? the new turbos are not supposed to be going out quickly.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I have the part number. I know that the turbo I have on it now is the same as the last one. They couldn't tell me if this was the updated one or not. Wished I knew.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
896 Posts
over 1500 ft/lb at the motor:eek: aren't these transmissions rated for 1400?? i hope everything is gonna be alright. kinda scared to tune my 2011 now:eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
545 Posts
over 1500 ft/lb at the motor:eek: aren't these transmissions rated for 1400?? i hope everything is gonna be alright. kinda scared to tune my 2011 now:eek:hnoes:
ha thats why they make multiple tunes to choose from with different hps.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
507 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a Spartan tune justin uploaded tune? Or is it a full display unit like the H&S

·
Registered
545 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a Spartan tune justin uploaded tune? Or is it a full display unit like the H&S
its got a full display and after the update shows egts which was the main reason I didn't like them.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
251 Posts
KEM is doing a update starting next week! Hoping for great results.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.com App
This is exciting. I need to e-mail Mike, I am putting my truck back to stock and have the 40K service done and the turbo checked then I want to delete the damn DPF. The thing has started going into a regen about every 150 miles

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
This is exciting. I need to e-mail Mike, I am putting my truck back to stock and have the 40K service done and the turbo checked then I want to delete the damn DPF. The thing has started going into a regen about every 150 miles
This is straight from mike I might add.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts