Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started up my 2008 F350 with the 6.4 this morning and had a generic engine light. Went to Autozone and got this

Codes P2084 and P2033 - No info on the Autozone computer - says Dealer only.

My question(s)

I have no backup truck for another 5 days. Will it hurt the truck to drive it?

What do the error codes mean and what did I do to get them. Totally stock truck with no mods ever.....

Thanks for looking,

Merlin

1,023 Posts
Started up my 2008 F350 with the 6.4 this morning and had a generic engine light. Went to Autozone and got this

Codes P2084 and P2033 - No info on the Autozone computer - says Dealer only.

My question(s)

I have no backup truck for another 5 days. Will it hurt the truck to drive it?

What do the error codes mean and what did I do to get them. Totally stock truck with no mods ever.....

Thanks for looking,

Merlin
P2084 EGT bank 1 sensor 2, replace it, it will leave you on the side of the road.
P2033-EGT bank 1 sensor 2 circuit high again replace it.

Have it under warranty? take it to the dealership and have them re-program it. PCM TCM and instrument cluster.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help. Tech. Truck has 98K so no warranty. I have to take the truck to an unknown dealer (out of town) so I can only hope that they know what needs to be done to get it fixed.

1,023 Posts
Thanks for the help. Tech. Truck has 98K so no warranty. I have to take the truck to an unknown dealer (out of town) so I can only hope that they know what needs to be done to get it fixed.
yes it does. 5 yr 100k mile powertrain, idk ive had to replace them under warranty with 70-99k sometimes up to 130k with ESP

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the good news. I will be taking it in tomorrow morning and hopefully avoid being stranded beside the road again......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts