Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem- Resivoir leaks down overnight with new injector o-rings 370k miles no idea history.
[What I have tried]
The level stays 1/2 below the surface with both hoses off oil rail and zip tied up above the resivor oil level. (for over a week)
As I post this I have the passenger side head hooked up with the driver side ziptied up and will check in the morning
My question is what could be leaking? And how can I test this properly with air or hydraulic thanks

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
I'm sorry 1/2inch below fill/inspection plug
No worries. Half inch is about right. I see 1/4" to 1/2" below "full" on mine.

If you are having a leak after connecting the hoses to each head then yes you have something going on there that may be beyond my understanding.

@[email protected] and @Hydro may be able to offer some insight on possible leak spots.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No worries. Half inch is about right. I see 1/4" to 1/2" below "full" on mine.

If you are having a leak after connecting the hoses to each head then yes you have something going on there that may be beyond my understanding.

@[email protected] and @Hydro may be able to offer some insight on possible leak spots.
Yes with the passenger head hooked up only the resivor is half empty in 2 days with the driver side only hooked up its completely empty in a day
At this point the only thing I can think to do logically is mix some dye in oil fill the resivor and use a blacklight to determine where the leaks are

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So the o-ring kit I purchased has very bad reviews so I'm a dummy. I have purchased motorcraft direct replacement parts I should have the time this weekend to pull the injectors back out and I'll let you know what I find I have also purchased an ipr air attachment I could not find one for the icp or the dummy plugs on the rail. Unfortunately the test won't be in until after the weekend and I'm impatient and will be replacing the o-rings first (again) wish me luck

·
Vendor
13,214 Posts
I do carry Alliant Power and Ford OEM o-ring kits if you need any.

·
Premium Member
7,073 Posts
Oil rail plugs are #5 ORB fitting if I remember right -- common fitting at hydraulic shop or farm dealer, $mazon or other places -- you can get the other side of the fitting in pipe thread (tho usually JIC), so you can connect an air hose

1 - 11 of 11 Posts