Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just took my truck in after about a month or so of it leaking oil on my 2nd gen 7.3 and i found out that it was my oil pump, so a new STOCK one is like around 800... but what are the pros and cons of a high pressure oil pump?

·
Banned
3,771 Posts
for that price get one on ebay or something. you can find them around..

·
Super Moderator
19,812 Posts
Not sure I understand what you're asking.

The HPOP is the pump that puts oil at an increased pressure to the injectors so they will work correctly to inject diesel fuel into the cylinders. Definitely a PRO....

Cons? :dunno: They leak...sometimes?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would be a benefits to put a high pressure one then a stock one? like horsepower and lifespan?

·
Super Moderator
19,812 Posts
Is this the oil pump in the bottom of the engine in the pan -OR- is this the standard HPOP that I described above?

The one in the pan circulates oil in the engine and feeds the HPOP so it can do it's job.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,263 Posts
I think you are a bit confused. These trucks have 2 oil pumps. There is the low pressure pump that supplies lube to the engine, and also oil to the high pressure reservoir. The high pressure oil pump is what supplies oil to the injectors to fire them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its the one on the top of the engine sorry my bad for the slow reply... but like is there even a diff from stock and no stock of the HPOP

·
Registered
68 Posts
just send it in to [email protected] Terminator and have him change the seal and mod it for higher psi for 100. bucks can beat the price.
sorry to dig up an old thread, but i've been searching for some hpop info and i keep seeing send it to joey for $100. What exactly does he do and is this the same as terminatorengeneering.com? cause on there websites the pumps are around $2000. I have a bone stock early 99 sd. I was getting ready to buy a used hpop and I thought it would be worth a $100 to get it rebuilt before i put it on if thats what he is doing.

·
addicted to diesel
688 Posts
if you have an early 99 truck you only have the 15* hpop. if your not going to go crazy on power you can just get one for a late 99 to 03 and that would have a 17* hpop

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
dude,dont pay 800 bucks fer a reman, go give dieselsite 600 and get you an adreniline,it will support any sticks you decide to go with in the future..

·
Registered
276 Posts
sorry to dig up an old thread, but i've been searching for some hpop info and i keep seeing send it to joey for $100. What exactly does he do and is this the same as terminatorengeneering.com? cause on there websites the pumps are around $2000. I have a bone stock early 99 sd. I was getting ready to buy a used hpop and I thought it would be worth a $100 to get it rebuilt before i put it on if thats what he is doing.
Yes joey will rebuild your pump and modd
for 100. Never tried the adrenaline but heard good things about it but for 100 bucks you cant beat the price. BTW when i swaped out my old pump for joeys one i could tell the difference in power so i know it works good. And yes that is the same site. Just shoot him an email and tell him what you want to do. Also make sure you tell him that its an 15* pump.

·
Registered
243 Posts
dude,dont pay 800 bucks fer a reman, go give dieselsite 600 and get you an adreniline,it will support any sticks you decide to go with in the future..
This is what I was thinking :agree:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts