Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd put a picture of one of the High Pressure Oil Crossover Hoses I made at school today in hydraulics class. Cost under $30 figured I would make a couple and see if i notice anything with them.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
I hope it is made of high temp hose(600+). If not and it fits your truck, go back and make it out of braided stainless or solid stainless. Solid is the best bet.

Remember it sits right in front of the exhaust housing of the turbo and it gets dang hot right there. Plus keep in mind the oil is running around 200*-220*.

·
Registered
92 Posts
will these thing actually do anything for the motor other than another mod most people on here don't rate these as a very money worthy mod?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Run it for awhile..30-40k miles then if its doesn't blow and your truck doesn't catch fire let everone know.

Cary
I can understand your apparent concern that it may be dangerous...but the "sarcasm" sure doesn't encourage anyone who is trying to do a project. You didn't even ask him what kind of temperature rated hose he made it out of.

Ease off a little:thumb:

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Cool, looks good man!

I'm thinking about doing the same thing with stainless tubing. I've got the fittings and a bender, just need the tubing now. Maybe my boss will let me have a couple feet...

BTW, how many feet is that?

·
Registered
243 Posts
i was wondering if anyone knew the length and specs on the fittings i would like to make one too

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
here's mine :)

Cool that ya made your own -- I know the guy I bought mine from has a thread somewhere with all the info on making them... might try a search for hpx or high pressure crossover

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im running the stock turbo for now, im looking into the temp rating of the hose, i have put about a thousand miles on it so far with no problems, i like the idea of the steel tubing better though...

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
Looks like the same one that precision oil products was selling. Mine will be here in a few days.

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
Performance Oil Products sells the flexible version or the stainless steel version like mine... Shawn's the man, thats for sure!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts