Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the sizes of the nuts for the fuel and oil lines? I need to replace my fuel line from the pump to the driver head since it split at the collar. I'm gonna get custom ones. What psi do the fuel lines from the pump to the head run at? What psi is needed for the hpop lines from the hpop to the heads?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Im not sure about fuel lines i think between 65-75 is avg, and as for hpo i think with an aftermarket pump you can get upwards of 4000 psi

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, i got a 17* HPOP and ill probably get 4000PSI ones then

·
Banned
920 Posts
rule of thumb on any pressure lines get anywhere from 500-1000PSI more then what you run at the stock lines on my truck say 5000psi. A guy at Parker told me that when i had to get lines made for are car hauler

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay, well, isnt the HPOP 1PSI per 1RPM?? or is that more like 1.5PSI on the 17*? ill just go overkill and get 10K lol if its not crazy expensive. I figure to at least repair it its gonna be less than getting a new one from ford and getting 4 new ones would be better and around the same ballpark.

·
Banned
920 Posts
I dont know what the 17* put out is. What you want is room for error. Not saying you have to like your trucks going to blow up lol, but say if you get 4k then theres a flaw in the manufacuting and it splits the hose. If you got 5K it'll lower you chance of problems. Hell if you even wanted get steel braided hose done. I had to run one new line on a boom truck @ 28feet 10,000PSI cost $423.XX with two fittings

·
Registered
170 Posts
^^^ what he said:thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts