Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 2004 ford excursion 6.0 it been studded, it’ runs great. I just had a shop I’m my local area that works on Deisel trucks diagnosed that my oil cooler was bad they put new one and thermostat in last June for running high temps. They did a flush at the same time. So now a yr later they replaced the oil cooler for free and it’s still running a 19- 20 delta on highway at 70-75 mph. I have replaced the oil bypass valve and there was no change. So can anyone help me out??

·
Super Moderator
12,924 Posts
Looks like you got the posting stuff figured out after all.

What brand of cooler did they replace it with?

Have any lift/tires/gearing done on the rig?

And just to clarify....you're sitting at 190 ECT, 210 EOT at 70-75. Drop about 10mph off of there and re-test. Higher speeds lead to higher loads on the engine and more heat and the general best drive test procedure is done at 60, flat ground, and running empty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It’s a OEM ford Truckwurx in St Charles Il. Diagnosed it last June as being bad oil cooler and thermostat bad. So they flushed it and replaced the cooler and thermostat. Then truck at that I went on road trip 3.5 hrs long the oil temp still was high 12 -15 over coolant. So I took back to them this yr because now it’s 19-20 delta. Today on highway 65 mph coolant temp 196 oil temp 221

·
Super Moderator
12,924 Posts
Oooph. Sounds like they didn't get everything out with the flush..... it shouldn't have been that high right after the replacement either...should have been about 5 (+/-) over ECT. Either way, being almost 30 degs out, she's likely clogged again.

When the truck is cold in the mornings, do the EOT/ECT readings match?

·
Premium Member
3,450 Posts
In the morning they read 12 degrees off. The EOT is lower than Ect
The sensors are the same, just swap them -- then see if the temp difference moves with the sensor position

Reactions: nighthawk285

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank for the input I’m trying to make the shop liable for there mistakes

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It’s a OEM ford Truckwurx in St Charles Il. Diagnosed it last June as being bad and thermostat bad. So they flushed it and replaced the cooler and thermostat. Then truck at that I went on road trip 3.5 hrs long the oil temp still was high 12 -15 over coolant. So I took back to them this yr because now it’s 19-20 delta. Today on highway 65 mph coolant temp 196 oil temp 221
I did that speed test at 60 mph for about 40 minutes I was running 24 delta difference

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Did you switch the sensors like suggested to see if the issue moves with the sensor? That is a simple but mportant thing to check.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts