Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to trade my 03' Dodge 2500 (hemi) for a 06' F-350 with 250k miles on it. Looks good for the mileage...but I still have some reservations with the rumored 'history' of the 6.0. I've never owned a diesel, and tow about 10k 5th wheel and other lighter things with my Dodge. I think i'm in need for more power in the mountains and interstates - the hemi will do it, but it doesn't sound happy doing it - very unnerving. The '06 Ford is listed for 19.5k. I don't drive often (10-12k miles a year), but when I do I always haul or tow something. Just looking for some opinions on purchasing a high mileage 6.0...maybe some things I should have the dealer check out, etc.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I'm looking to trade my 03' Dodge 2500 (hemi) for a 06' F-350 with 250k miles on it. Looks good for the mileage...but I still have some reservations with the rumored 'history' of the 6.0. I've never owned a diesel, and tow about 10k 5th wheel and other lighter things with my Dodge. I think i'm in need for more power in the mountains and interstates - the hemi will do it, but it doesn't sound happy doing it - very unnerving. The '06 Ford is listed for 19.5k. I don't drive often (10-12k miles a year), but when I do I always haul or tow something. Just looking for some opinions on purchasing a high mileage 6.0...maybe some things I should have the dealer check out, etc.
o

that is to much money for that mileage. find something around 100k or less.
carfax, oasis, make sure there werent any egr or gasket problems.
once you get 1 straight pipe the exhaust, delete the egr valve, 4k oil changes and she'll run like a champ, imo i wouldnt program it though. go to powerstrokehelp.com :icon_ford:

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
o

that is to much money for that mileage. find something around 100k or less.
carfax, oasis, make sure there werent any egr or gasket problems.
once you get 1 straight pipe the exhaust, delete the egr valve, 4k oil changes and she'll run like a champ, imo i wouldnt program it though. go to powerstrokehelp.com :icon_ford:
19,500 is too high priced for that truck. I agree with everything posted above except for the part I quoted in bold. the powerstrokehelp guy doesnt have a clue what he's talking about

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
19,500 is too high priced for that truck. I agree with everything posted above except for the part I quoted in bold. the powerstrokehelp guy doesnt have a clue what he's talking about
Yep...What he said. Never been too impressed with powerstrokehelp.com myself. :thumb:

-Aaron

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
why doesnt he have a clue on what he's talking about?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts