Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS ON ADDING THE HIGH IDLE MOD TO MY 2004 PSD. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
this is off another forum I have been meaning to do it but have not got around to itHigh Idle Mod

·
Registered
361 Posts
This is the write up I used High Idle Mod. took me about 25 mins to find the wires, connect, and be back running again. very simple to follow and carry out.

**NOTE** the write up is for 03-04 model years, 05-up model years have another link on the page

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 03 Excursion has always run up on high idle by itself (depending on cold temps). Is the mod additional too this.?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes. This is actually for running a PTO. It revs to ~1500RPM.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I wonder if it would work on the Ex? I guess I would have too see if the tech file directions are the same wiring as mine.

·
Registered
361 Posts
My 03 Excursion has always run up on high idle by itself (depending on cold temps). Is the mod additional too this.?
the high idle mod activates the PTO circuit in the "customer access" wiring group under the dash. im not sure that the X has it or not, not being something typically using the PTO function, but if the wires are there, then I dont see why it wouldnt work :dunno:
This mod is different than the computer's high idle, the mod puts the rpm's to roughly 1200. The computer will adjust on an as needed basis for cold warm ups. The link above also has a link in it somewhere that shows how to get the engine vitals to show in the odometer display and be able to cycle thru them :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts