Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, after searching the depths of this forum and finding mixed opinions, I figured I needed to pose the question myself. Additionally, after reading folks’ rather specific numbers, I realize I may need more info after the next haul in a couple days...but maybe someone can help off of what I have now.

2015 F250 pulling a 10k pound travel trailer. Background...AC was blowing hot at idle a few weeks ago so had the dealership diagnose and replace fan clutch. AC been cherry since, even while having the current issue.

Pulled 400 miles on day 1. No issue. 400 miles on day 2, including decent hills through the panhandle of Texas, no problems. Day 3 pulling into Colorado hit a steep grade for a decent stretch and iDash flashed EOT. I was in the low 240s so backed off. Kept it below 240 as best I could. After this I only really paid attention to EOT and transmission temp, which stayed around 220? Realizing now I should have been paying closer attention to the ECT and that the small difference to pay for the data monster would have been worth it. The problem persisted on lower grades and even climbed when traveling on relatively flat roads at 65. If it’s worth noting, I tow at 65 only going faster to pass if necessary. Really hoping I’m not forgetting anything and that someone can help, we’re 6 days into a 16-day cross country trip...

·
Super Moderator
9,629 Posts
It seems that you never busted past 240*'s....the PCM usually starts shutting you down over 250*+.

Did the temps drop back down once out of the hills???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems that you never busted past 240*'s....the PCM usually starts shutting you down over 250*+.

Did the temps drop back down once out of the hills???
Temps drop coasting down the other side or idling, but even what seemed straight and level afterward I saw high 230s if I tried to cruise higher than 55. Also felt rather sluggish, took more pedal to get it going from a stop and more to accelerate while already cruising.

·
Super Moderator
9,629 Posts
Well you got to stop at some point, then get going again. I can't see anything you are talking about that would raise any level of expressed concern. Nothing really to investigate...just keep watching it. Changes in performance could be due to changes in altitude or local area conditions. Temps that seem to respond to changes in the driving style are a good thing. More demand equal higher temps. Lower demands equal lower temps.....that's sounds just fine to me. Once you drop the trailer/load see what happens. Should be just fine.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts