Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post my findings of my problems I found on my truck in hopes that it can answer somebody else's problems.
Original problem was that it would surge or even fall flat on its face while accelerating per say on the on ramp, or when it would go over an overpass. Noticed it was blowing out black smoke when it would loose all power. Either to much fuel or not enough air. So I started reading all over this forum trying to find the problem. Was hard to find info about surging on the high end. First I cleaned the EGR, showed little improvement, but the problem was still there. Second, I cleaned the EBP sensor and the tube connected to the sensor (what I read on here). Vast improvement but would still fall flat on its butt at the higher rpm range. Finally checked the blue rubber tubing (again read on here) coming from the charger to the intercooler. Had a 3 inch gash on the bottom side of the tubing. Truck is completely fixed and running hard. Found plenty of threads about low end surging, but I had problems finding answers to my high end surging problem. Hopefully this helps somebody down the road. Thank you for all the history on this forum. I read through alot of posts to get my answers.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Thanks for the update. Might be a good Idea to just change it when I have the engine apart anyways. POST ON!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts