Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I have a tuner that is producing EGT's that are at the high limits under full exceleration would I run into problems running it all day long only getting the EGT's up there every now and then?

·
Military Member
508 Posts
i believe the peak operating range is like 1,200-1,250* this is the safe area, you can go to 1300* but that's the edge! any thing over 1,400 and the turbine vanes start to get soft :eek:
the higer you can get your EGT the quicker spool you will have on your turbo but you also have to stay withen the parameters of your injectors (they make high flow injectors for a reason) From what i've learned running as hot as you can with out making smoke results in the best MPG and power over long periods (pulling a load up hill for example)

Diesels were made to work, they are over enginered and limited on their RPMs so that they are reliable for a long time. On that note letting a diesel run in the colder range may cause carbon load-up also know as wet-stacking which can plug up injectors and hurt milage/power.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm gonna definatly have to get a pyro guage soon cause the turbo is spooling up imedietly (the tires are breaking loose anyway) and producing tons of black smoke on my extreme tune. Thanks for the info James.

·
Military Member
508 Posts
yeah sounds like you are a little on the hot side, might be fun untill you blow the hot wheel in the turbo :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts