Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 7.3 NA I put new injectors in and a pyrometer, Now i found out that my EGT is up to 1100-1200 just cruising at 75 MPH, the pump was turned up and now have since turned it down to help the problem with no change, just no more smoke, this has a new filter, open exhaust, e4od trans 4:10 gears, any ideas would be great

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think that's too high considering you have a NA with 4:10 gears at 75mph. Putting a water injection system on it might help. If you really want to lower EGT's put a turbo and a intercooler on it.

Did you put bigger injectors in or just stock replacements?

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
turbo leak maybe? i had that problem on my 6.0 and had high egts. (but i just put the turbo back in and a connection wasnt made quite right.)

·
Registered
472 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
oh, haha. opps... my bad. i didnt catch the na...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thats definately high! Where did you install the pyro? What brand and maybe you got a bad one? What RPM are you running at that speed? What size tires?

Thad

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The pyro was at the y in the exhaust pipe but i have moved it to the manifold to get a more accurate read, it is an autometer sport comp. all is stock on the truck as far as tires not sure what the rps are. will look tomorow. thanks for the replies. and yes this is a Non Turbo truck, :wink[3]:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ended up adjusting the timming temps came down even getting bet mpg. Thanks for everyones coments and sugestions.

·
Registered
644 Posts
my dad's 94.5 powerstroke has 4:10's, 265x75x16 tires with a 5 speed and at 60 he turns 2,200 rpm's. at 75 id guesstimate he is turning about 2,800 rpm's more or less. thats alot of revs for a 7.3 diesel cruisin down the highway. my 95 has 3:55's with 315 tires and a 5 speed at 60 mph my revs are about 1,700 rpms and my pyro says about 400 m/l. just throwin in my 2 cents

1 - 9 of 9 Posts