Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a F-450 6.4. not a mechanic but try to do what I can to save money. I am driving the other day and am watching my tuner (edge) that I run on tune 2 when pulling my trailer. The EGT seems to be getting climbing small hills. I don't remember it doing this on the same hills before. Have checked the hot side bottom inter pooler hose and replace it. Still same problem. I am also watching the boost. It seems to go into the 20's and 30's on the same hills. Don't remember seeing that before. Any ideas on what to check? Reading some other post and they talk about cleaning your dpf pressure sensor? Can't even find this on ford parts site?

·
Hunter of Trolls
2,139 Posts
Fuel quality plays a big role... Outside temperature plays a big role.. cleanliness of your boots and i/c plays a big role, but the biggest? Not running out of air... Clean filter...

If that is good, you may want to keep an eye on your fuel pressure and see if you're running a little heavy, which could indicate regulation problems developing.

Ccv mod, if you ain't done it, is good for keeping a clean i/c and ducting... A leak in any of that will cause higher boost as well as higher egts... May wanna check that out too..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i/c ?

Fuel quality plays a big role... Outside temperature plays a big role.. cleanliness of your boots and i/c plays a big role, but the biggest? Not running out of air... Clean filter...

If that is good, you may want to keep an eye on your fuel pressure and see if you're running a little heavy, which could indicate regulation problems developing.

Ccv mod, if you ain't done it, is good for keeping a clean i/c and ducting... A leak in any of that will cause higher boost as well as higher egts... May wanna check that out too..
Where do you find the i/c you are talking about?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can the intercooler get pluged? I replaced the hot side hose on the bottom and the took it for a drive. Hose wasn't tight enough

·
Hunter of Trolls
2,139 Posts
Yeah, it can from simple ccv mist over time, or catastrophically from failed turbo seals leaking oil.

Those codes aren't healthy... High EGT on left bank... And sounds like your egr valve is failing (stuck open?)... Definitely something you want to address quickly. If it's stuck open, we'll, there you have it. No fuel pressure codes don't totally dismiss a stuck injector, but it sure leads away from it.. count your blessings!! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts