Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2005 F-350 6L Lariat
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey first timer here, I have a 2005 F-350. So my beams seem to be reversed and i was wondering if I switched the wiring at the pigtail would if affect the power going to them. Basically my highbeams are brighter, no not just cause they're aimed down even from a distance they seem to have more power, where as my low beams are higher than my low beams. All im really asking is just can i switch the two power wires at the pigtail and still have the highbeams produce more juice while being the proper height?

· Premium Member
5,105 Posts
So, your high beams are brighter and have more power than your low beams?? Isn't that the way it's supposed to be?

-jokester

· Registered
2005 F-350 6L Lariat
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, your high beams are brighter and have more power than your low beams?? Isn't that the way it's supposed to be?

-jokester
Yes thats right, how ever they are aimed as if they are the low beams and the lows as if they were the highs... so my high beams are lower than my low beams

· Premium Member
5,105 Posts
Have you changed the bulbs lately? Has it always been this way?

-jokester

· Registered
2005 F-350 6L Lariat
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah hoping to fix it but it didn't make a difference. Thats why I'm thinking if I redo the pigtail wiring but backwards. I just want my lowbeams to be lowbeams and high beams to be highbeams but don't wanna switch the wiring on the pigtail if it won't solve the problem

· Registered
2005 F-350 6L Lariat
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes and no I suppose.. I know how to adjust the aim, what I'm saying is the low beam is higher than the high beam and vice versa. It's the h13 bulb so it acts as both and goes in just one way so they can't be upside down...

· Registered
2,176 Posts
Yes and no I suppose.. I know how to adjust the aim, what I'm saying is the low beam is higher than the high beam and vice versa. It's the h13 bulb so it acts as both and goes in just one way so they can't be upside down...
Higher how? How can the low beam be "higher" than the high beam.... Unless it's aimed wrong?
I guess I'm confused by the usage of the word "higher".... Can you possibly give a better description of your problem, like in detail?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

· Registered
2005 F-350 6L Lariat
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When you put your highbeams on, the light beam should be higher and provide more light than a low beam... in the case of my truck the high beam is lower and much more concentrated than the low beam is... adjusting the lights adjusts the single bulb that provides both beams, so raising or lowering the beam will do the same thing for both high and low beams. Basically the high beam and low beam are backwards I don't know how else to explain it.

· Registered
2,176 Posts
When you put your highbeams on, the light beam should be higher and provide more light than a low beam... in the case of my truck the high beam is lower and much more concentrated than the low beam is... adjusting the lights adjusts the single bulb that provides both beams, so raising or lowering the beam will do the same thing for both high and low beams. Basically the high beam and low beam are backwards I don't know how else to explain it.
Gotcha.... What type of bulb are you running? Led, incandescent, hid?

· Registered
2,176 Posts
Try flipping the 2.prong plug over, even if its opposite of the clips..... BTW, with hid bulbs, you don't run more power, the element (or bulb) simply moves to change the light pattern. So you either have the bulb in upside down (some can turn in the retainer/ mount) or your plug from the ballast to bulb is upside down.

· Registered
791 Posts
If this is a hid in a non-projector style housing, that is likely the problem.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,176 Posts
If this is a hid in a non-projector style housing, that is likely the problem.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Nah, HIDs work great in non-projector housings, it's leds that have a bad "splash" problem without projectors.
His bulbs are, basically, upside down....or working upside down.
HIDs don't increase brightness with high beams on, they literally move "up" to change the light pattern.... It seems like his are moving down, or are working in the up position and moving down when the highs are triggered. This is why I suggested reversing the plug, or checking to see if the bulb will turn in the mount.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.