Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08 6.4l I took it to a local mechanic to check on a leak . It only leaks when warm/cold . He pressure tested it and said it was holding pressure, and when I open the degreaser box cap I do hear pressure escape but there is a puddle. He and I can't see the leak. it looks like it's high up and deep in the engine. Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Where's the puddle when truck is parked...front, rear, left right etc? Have coolant hoses been updated? Original hoses(black ends) had 1 o ring and were known to leak. Updated hoses (white ends) have 2 o rings.

·
Super Moderator
5,970 Posts
Check the hoses under the degas bottle and the hoses that connect to the egr coolers. Is he pressure testing when the truck is hot or cold?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He checked hot and if I go on a 2 or more hour drive it doesn't leak. Even when cold when I open the degas cap I hear pressure escape.
So I took out the bat and degas , the hoses looked good but I suspect it's the hose to the bottom of the degas because it has a rusty spring clamp so I put another regular hose clamp next to it, on both ends.
Update. Still leaks but much less.I plan to have all hoses replaced

1 - 5 of 5 Posts