Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under the two mats of the left tray in the console (left drink holder) there is a small molded to fit area about the (size of our remote key). Does anyone know what it was designed for

·
Registered
156 Posts
Programming additional keys. Saw it in the manual and can’t remember exactly how it works, but it involves your original key and then the new key fob that needs programming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
From what I've read, it serves two purposes. One- to program new remotes and Two- If the battery in the remote goes Tango Uniform, you can remove the door key that is in the remote to open the door and then you would place the remote in the small molded area to start the truck.

·
Registered
91 Posts
And there used to be a nice hidden storage compartment there in the 2016's and before. I don't get why they had to complicate the system with this. I had someone explain that for ranch trucks, you put the remote in there so you don't have to hand a key fob around -- anyone can jump in and drive off. It's part of why Ford has always held onto the driver's door keypad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This little well is for programming the Mykey functions.
(Valet key , Speed warning , radio volume limits)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts