Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of guys on here are running the HID kits in their trucks like I am. When I installed mine I went the lazy way and just attached the ground wire to an existing point on the truck being one of the plastic arms of the headlight. Needless to say the lights weren't too bright and I had issues with one light not sparking at times.

So I got off my @$$ and removed it and sanded a piece of paint from the frame near the headlights and used a stainless steel self tapping screw to drill into it. WALA! Now the lights are brighter and spark up both every time.

Just figured I'd post this because I've seen a few guys having similar issues with theirs. Hope it helps.:icon_ford:

·
Registered
83 Posts
What you HID kit did you use? The one I had was plug and play, didn't mess with ground wires.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine was plug and play as well. But it is a bi-xenon kit which has a high beam function as well as low beams. It came with a relay box that runs a heavy power wire directly to the battery and each plug for the bulb had an additional ground wire. I got it from a vendor in Canada on Ebay. I honestly regret buying anything from Ebay or Canada cause I've had nothing but bad luck and bad customer service. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
FYI....you cant ground to plastic.....ever:hehe:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't exactly ground it to the plastic. Took one of the bolts out that holds the headlights assy in place and stuck it in between the plastic bracket and the frame behind it. But yeah...i got the point and learned my lesson.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts