Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the forum as you can tell ha. but ive always creeped through it looking at random stuff haha.

Anyways i have a 2011 f-250 sb cc king ranch 6.7
its got all the bells and whistles so to speak.

First off im in love with 6.7's power etc,etc but i wanna know if any of yall have chips and exhaust. As if my payments arnt bad enough i feel like scraping up some cash and dropping it on a spartan kit. comes with 4" afe down pipe back, afe air intake, and a chip off course with five tunes up too 200 hp. Even though I would probably never set it that high haha. but im scared of voiding the warranty but i figure i could save the stock exhaust and put it back on if i need too and just take the tuner out. would this work?

And also mine has the offroad package too whatever that is hahaha but i was wondering since it sits level now does that mean it has a leveling kit? i wouldnt think so but maybe some of yall know?

Thanks for the help! :wink[3]:

·
Registered
330 Posts
F-250s sit fairly level from the factory. No kit is installed. The F-350s have a 2 inch taller block in the back and that is why they look different.

There are quiet a few guys in the "performance modifications" section that have tuners. I had a tuner on my 6.4, but I bought the 6.7 so I didn't need a tuner to drive the truck everyday, so I don't have much advice there.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I typically hate the guys who say this but browsing through the performance section would probably help a lot.

There's two tuner companies out there that are worth their beans for the 6.7. Spartan and H&S Performance. I went with H&S despite being Spartan tuned on my old 6.4. They have free software updates and 10x better customer service. They may not have the highest HP tune but their 200 HP Warhammer tune is not dynoing at that much more power than the 150 HP tune from H&S, plus they charge you more for it. H&S tunes are all free with the tuner and they update their software for free too. You can't really go wrong with either company but I felt H&S was offering more bang for the buck.

Yes, yes and yes. Save your stock exhaust if you do deletes. A lot of times if you're having a problem with the truck you can return it to stock and have warranty work done with none the wiser. I'm not a big advocate of taking advantage of dealers this way, but if I have something that went wrong with the truck unrelated to my tuner then I feel that they should still warranty it. Now if I melted my injector tips running a hot tune towing a trailer then I feel like I'm to blame for that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you are worried about voiding the warranty, I would stay away from the tuners. Just for the fact that a new motor is approx $16k...:dunno:assuming my source was correct. I would love to do the deletes but don't wish to risk getting caught if something went wrong...my fault or not!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts