Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Another newbie here, I have a 03 F250SD gasser.I'm in the process of going to a brand new 6.4 diesel automatic, so please feel free to mail me your thoughts on this.I need to learn as I'm pretty green around diesel's of this size.Pro's con's let me know all of them.The truck I am looking at ordering is a 08 f250 supercrew 4x4 shortbox.I can't believe the power these got compared to my gas 5.4.This will be my first new vechile.I tow a 16' utility trailer and a 29' camper so this should be the cats meow for moving these around. Thanks, hope to talk soon. Jeff

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
WELCOME Jeff! Great to have you here and there are a lot of great folks on board that can give you advice about the 6.4. Enjoy the site! :)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Welcome, man i wish i could afford a 6.4 those trucks are sweet.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
:icon_ford::ORG welcome::ORG welcome: !!!

they have that DPF and kills your warety if you chip it.....thats all i heard just readin arund here. Good luck! lifted, those trucks loook bada$$!

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
:welcome1: to the ORG Jeff!!

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Hello all,
Another newbie here, I have a 03 F250SD gasser.I'm in the process of going to a brand new 6.4 diesel automatic, so please feel free to mail me your thoughts on this.I need to learn as I'm pretty green around diesel's of this size.Pro's con's let me know all of them.The truck I am looking at ordering is a 08 f250 supercrew 4x4 shortbox.I can't believe the power these got compared to my gas 5.4.This will be my first new vechile.I tow a 16' utility trailer and a 29' camper so this should be the cats meow for moving these around. Thanks, hope to talk soon. Jeff
:ORG welcome: And good luck on your soon to be purchase.:thumb:

Pro's POWER

Con's NOTHING

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Welcome to Powerstroke.org
:welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1:​

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
Welcome to the ORG, Jeff! Congrats on your "soon to be" purchase!!!

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
Welcome to the Org!

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Welcome to the site Jeff!!

·
Registered
578 Posts
:ORG welcome:

·
She's paid for!!!!!!
661 Posts

·
Registered
3,989 Posts

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Greetings and :ORG welcome: Jeff.

You will no doubt enjoy your new truck. The only think to be aware of is if you want to mod the truck. Just about anything you do will void the warranty according to Ford. Your mileage won't be anything like the older models simply because of all the emissions enhancements on the truck. So be aware of that.

Other than that, it's a great truck. Enjoy it in good health when you get it.

·
Premium Member
14,491 Posts
:welcome1::welcome1::welcome1::welcome1::welcome1::welcome1:

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
:welcome1:

·
Registered
3,989 Posts