Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent 1.5 hours looking for this.
I read the TSB and it confused me more. Is it as simple as hooking two wires to each other?
the yellow green wire and the brown wire for the #4 upfitter?
if so. I know where the brown wire is where is the yellow green wire

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Yes it is just hooking up two wires. Both bundles are right above the e brake pedal. One bundle has 12 or 14 wires and the other bundle has 4 wires which is the wires for the upfitter switches. Try powerstroke nation. They have a tech file there with pictures. It makes it pretty easy.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome thx guys. I did the install without the reostat for now took5 minutes.

Thx again

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
My high idle throws a wrench light the odd time I think p162e or something. I just clear it and it works. Anyone else got that

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't notice it on mine

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Never had a code on mine either

·
Registered
201 Posts
Dumb question here..............What does this Hi Idle Mod exactly do? Just trying to soak up info being I'm new to the diesel world.

·
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere
1,900 Posts
Dumb question here..............What does this Hi Idle Mod exactly do? Just trying to soak up info being I'm new to the diesel world.
Prevents wet stacking. It's easier for you to google it. I'm sure there are some great articles online about diesels and wet stacking.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Prevents wet stacking. It's easier for you to google it. I'm sure there are some great articles online about diesels and wet stacking.
Interesting, I thought it was used to warm your engine up in cold weather. Considering these trucks were designed to pour fuel into the exhaust I wouldn't "Wet stacking" would be an issue.

·
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere
1,900 Posts
Interesting, I thought it was used to warm your engine up in cold weather. Considering these trucks were designed to pour fuel into the exhaust I wouldn't "Wet stacking" would be an issue.
Your truck will warm up on normal idle. And the 'high idle mod' isn't a 6.4 only thing, there are threads about it in the 7.3 section as well. Diesel engines in general wet stack at lower temps (i.e. lower idle). And I wouldn't necessarily say these trucks were 'designed' for the DPF stuff. That's more an EPA requirement that was thrown on.

·
Registered
268 Posts
My high idle throws a wrench light the odd time I think p162e or something. I just clear it and it works. Anyone else got that
Mine does the same thing, just started this morning and noticed it. Never had this before, if I shut truck off and restart the wrench goes away but still no high idle. Any suggestions on what this is?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
i just clear codes then it idles right up. If you find out please let me know because I have asked and searched and never came across anything

·
Registered
268 Posts
I just cleared my codes as it was reading as fail. Tried it and now the high idle works. I don't get it but then again it works so I'm not complaining. If someone else knows please post.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
mine is at random sometimes a couple times a week then doesnt do it for a month or so

1 - 18 of 18 Posts