Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out how to run the Fogs with the Hi beams. The factory sees fit to disable the Fogs when you turn on the Hi Beam lights :(
I tried searching the forms with and even tried a local company who installed my HID lights, but no luck.

·
Registered
420 Posts
If you have an H&S Mini Maxx (deleted), there is a setting that allows you to override the computer.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to run the Fogs with the Hi beams. The factory sees fit to disable the Fogs when you turn on the Hi Beam lights :(
I tried searching the forms with and even tried a local company who installed my HID lights, but no luck.
Why?
They do that for a very good reason, you need to learn about lighting.
There's a simple kit you can buy but I'm not even going to tell you since it's so retarded

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, Matty thats a pretty harsh reply. You don't even know what application I am looking to use the lights for. Maybe you need to learn to ask appropriate questions before spouting off at the key board. And I am not even going to tell you about manners and a proper up bringing.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Just use a relay and two diodes

·
Registered
181 Posts
Double pole relay , power on relay coil with hi beam 12v than when off relay will go back to low beam, you can buy at radio shack, it's call a double throw relay, call don boehler his is my brother in law I just did his , he can give u parts numbers and even take a picture of it, his number is 509-948-8808 the diodes will burn over time cause the amps are to high , they over heat bad

·
Registered
842 Posts
Do 5 amp diodes instead of 3 amp. Should only need one relay, pin 86 to the Highbeam, 87 to 12v constant, 87a n/a, 85 to ground, 30 to your fogs. You most likely won't need diodes but it wouldn't hurt. Do these high four mods almost weekly up here. Deffinantly worth it when you need the extra lighting

1 - 9 of 9 Posts