Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i replaced m drain plug i dropped the face of the hfcm and the heater core broke off so i didnt plug it back in...i start easier and feels like runs better..could this have any issues down the road?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right now i am stationed in fort campbell ky and it gets retarted cold here but all the diesel guys i talk to said there is no problem with gelling fuel or haven to plug in the block heaters

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
i am stationed in fort campbell ky and it gets retarted cold here
Please, you don't really think Ft C gets cold do you!:taze:

Your coldest day would be a friggin heat wave :please: for us up here in Winterpeg!:rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
6 Posts
IIRC, Ford had some problems with those fuel heaters in the hfcm. I am pretty sure that after a lot of problems with the WIF light on my 04 Ex. the dealer disconected the heater and said there was a bulletin on doing this.:shrug:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
idk i haven't had a single problem with it plus i dropped it and kinda broke the heater lol but no problems and no codes

·
Registered
27 Posts
When I had to replace my hfcm, the new one didn't have the heater on it. I just took a big piece of heat shrink tubing and sealed the pigtail up. 3 years and no problems.

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
You can get a new jumper harness that plugs into the body harness that only contains the fuel pump and WIF connectors. It eliminates any chance of the unplugged heater pigtail getting shorted out.

6C3Z-9F759-A is the part number for the harness that deletes the fuel heater plug

1 - 12 of 12 Posts