Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys love the sct as you already know!!

Anyways I was wondering are you guys going to be doing FICM tunning like the other vendors. People are claiming great MPG improvements, and I would love to keep my tuning in the DJ family if you know what I mean, would rather wait and give you guys my cash than someone else, thanks!

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
For some reason.........they don't get on the forums they sponsor anymore. Just call. Think I remember hearing they aren't gonna do it.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
FICM tunning
what is this ?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
aw i see, who is messing with this tuning and who is getting better mileage. just wondering

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Well, the SCTs handle the ECM and TCM. The FICM is a whole other beast! Some tuners have been swapping out the newer strategies for older ones. And some have broke the code and are writing tunes based on old strategies.:nod:

I myself have a mild FICM tune. Has improved performance a bit, and didnt compare mileage.:doh: My driving is so varied, it is hard for me to compare anything but overall average.:dunno:

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Spartain, powerhungryperformance, and InnovativeDiesel are researching this tuning. powerhungry and spartan already have it available and Innovative is in the final stages. There is a guy over on PSN that goes by psdnate and he saw a drastic increase in his mileage. He has his ficm tuned by powerhungry. However, he recently had issues where I think his truck died out of the blue. He was told by innovative that his ficm tunes were messed up. So...it's still getting the kinks worked out...imo. Once it's finalized I'll be looking into getting mine done by innovative, who else.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
sounds pretty sweet is this fairly new, haven't really heard about this before

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
been around for about 2 months I would say. Maybe a lil' longer.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ah to bad I really want to get this done as anythign with mileage helps nowadays

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Im gonna get mine reprogrammed by Innovative as soon as i can find a FICM from Ebay or something.. So we will see how that turns out.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
How much does it cost and can you get extreme tunes or is it worth it?

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
How much does it cost and can you get extreme tunes or is it worth it?
It is $400 dollars for Innovative's race tune. Right now he has a mild and I believe he is still working the kinks out of the race tune, but it is very close. Is it worth it? Guess that's up to you. Sorry, I don't know how much the mild tune is. I was going straight for the info on the fastest one he was making. LOL

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Well I would definitely want the race tune but what kind of power do you get out of the FICM tuning with stock injectors and turbo?

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
With Innovative's race ficm tune along with their Xtreme Race tune it was an extra 30hp, that was with aftermarket injectors and turbo. With a stock ecm and tcm, eric said an ficm race tune alone is around 100hp. Sorry, I didn't ask what the hp gain with stock sticks and snail were.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Is there any links to information on this? Do I have to send my FICM to them or no?

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
there was a thread on here a while back. There is a thread on psn in the 6.0 aftermarket section. there is a huge thread over on tdg in the 6.0 tuner forum. compd had a couple small threads in the 6.0 section. As of now, you have to send your ficm to them. When I talked to him he said it would be a week turn around but he mentioned he was real busy with 6.4 stuff so it may be less of a wait now.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Innovative told me around 40 HP maybe 50 HP but that was for the mods on my truck. And yes you have to send it in. They said about a month by the time i would get it back.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
You would have to wait for a month for him to tune your ficm??? Was this when they were first looking into it?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
No it was about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Not that it would take that long to program it, its just that there is so many FICM's in line to get programed. For the time being they do one by one, shortly they will get something that will let them program them quickly.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts