Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, I have an early 99 F250 with an edge revolver 6 position, 4" exhaust otherwise stock engine. The past owner had the 4r100 rebuilt about a year before I bought the truck, I believe he said it had billet shafts and a shif kit, few other things maybe as he was planning on turbo and injectors.
I've been pretty easy on the truck the couple of months I had it but yesterday I did a pretty hard launch just out of curiosity of what it could really do.

I launched in the 60hp tune and the truck came alive, pulled very hard through third gear lock up and then revved out like it couldn't find 4th, finally found it and made the shift kind of agressive compared to the rest. thinking maybe it was the tune I switched to stock, economy and 100hp just for ****s. exact same results. decided to quit pushing my luck and drove home.

under normal circumstances the truck drives flawlessly. not a single issue besides the occasional and almost unnoticable stumble on decel when returning to idle that I've experienced with every other 7.3 I've ever driven.

so what gives? I'm not a transmission guy, unless we're talking Eaton 10/13 speeds, and most of the shops around here hear "diesel" and see dollar signs, a stock rebuild costs as much as a performance built trans from Suncoast. so I'd rather tackle this myself if it's something that could be as simple as a finicky valve. just wanted to hear your thoughts before I rebuild or just put a new trans in this thing. my end goal is 500hp, but that is a few years off and I was hoping to wait till then to do it now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd love to know if you found anything out on this and also hoping my comment garners some more attention. I have what I think is a similar issue although my truck just completely doesn't have 4th at all anymore. I'm not sure if it has ever since I've had it. But it does exactly the same thing, shifts through all the gears beautifully until it tries to go to 4th, then just revs up like there's nothing there. No O/D light blink and I have to click the overdrive button to even drive it because it's undriveable if it keeps looking for 4th.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.