Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so a guy calls the dealer on thursday at 3:30 pm, and said that his 02 f-350 7.3 pulling a 45 fit trailer loaded down has blow a high pressure oil fitting on the head and he is now stranded about 5 miles down the highway from our dealer. so to try and save him a tow bill, i grab a new quick connect fitting and some tools and oil and drive out to where he was. i get there and have him bump it over and what do you know, its actually the drivers side high pressure line from pump to head that blew a hole in it. so i drive back to shop get a new hose and head back to his truck. put the new line on, top-off his oil and fire it up. starts up-no leaks, he pays me for the line and labor. by now its after 5(closing time) so I start heading home from there. 20 mins later he calls me on my cell and says I think the line you put on blew out of the head. kinda shocked i ask where he is and he said he made it 10 miles down the road and lost oil psi and smoking all over the place.. i turn around and find him on the side of the road again. pop the hood and what do you know the passenger line now has blown a hole in it. by now its going on 7 pm. the couple that owned the truck where from canada and about 12 hours from home. so we all hopped in my truck and drove back to the dealer. of course parts was closed, so i had a 7.3 down in my bay for injector o-rings so i barrow a line off of it and drive back to his truck. put the other line on and fallowed him 30 miles til I turned off to my house. lol what a nightmere it turned into. lots of running around and locating parts. called him the next morning and said he made it no problems and it ran good. just goes to show how trying to do someone a favor to save them some cash can turn around and bite you. thanks just had to vent. chris

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Good job on helping them out. Don't see how it bit you in the ***?

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
I look at it as great customer service. You didn't have to do what you did. But you stepped up and did it.

This will not come back to bite you. Next time it could be you in that position of needing help.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
I look at it as great customer service. You didn't have to do what you did. But you stepped up and did it.

This will not come back to bite you. Next time it could be you in that position of needing help.
x2 :thumb:

779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what I ment is I didnt end up getting home til after 9, and from the way he described it, i was thinking 10-15 mins max lol. what goes around comes around so hopefully it comes back this way. lol tthanks guys.

·
Banned
3,771 Posts
hey man props to bending over backwards for someone, they may appreciate it more than you even know.

·
Registered
143 Posts
it will return

Yes.....props to you! Not everyone would do that....it will come back 10 folds!!!!

779 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks everyone, the gentleman actually called me again today to tell me he really appreciated what I did for him, thought that was cool of him.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Since we're on the subject of 7.3Ls, I was called off first thing in the morning to go and "look at" a customer's '02 for a no-start. Apparently, he was in the midst of awaiting a tow when he called us. It turned out, he was stranded at the tile factory right behind our dealership. So off I go to have a look. Upon cranking the engine over, I immediately notice the tach not responding to the engine cranking, so I quickly skip off to our parts department to fetch a CMP sensor, while instructing the customer to wait. Back I get arrive with the part along with a 10mm wrench and a prybar. Within minutes, VOILA the truck started. It turned out that this truck hadn't yet had its 07S57 CMP sensor recall done yet. So, needless to say, the customer was a happy camper.

779 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bet he was lol a free road call. I just looked at the classroom list for the new 6.7 class and they are all up there in canada through april, must be releasing up there first.

·
Registered
81 Posts
People like you are why I'm proud to be a ford owner. Thank you for helping those folks out above and beyond. You'll get so much more in return than those few hours after work.

·
Registered
152 Posts
That was very kind thing to do man...I am sure that it will come back to you...I have been in that gentleman's situation before and let me tell you I would have been honored to have run into someone like you...Thanks for being a good samaritan.

:thumb::thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
I just looked at the classroom list for the new 6.7 class and they are all up there in canada through april, must be releasing up there first.
I'm booked in for April 7th, 8th and 9th in Mississauga for that course. That is going to be one hell of an engine to wrench on. Let's just hope it won't turn out to be a dud, like the 6.0L/6.4L have been. I'm just waiting to hear the whining that's forthcoming from the new owners when they come due for their first oil change, and they are presented with the added charge to refill their DEF tanks.

779 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah I just seen they release to final pricing guide on the fluid. if the dealer doesntt purchase it by the 100 or 250 gallon containers, the cost to the customer will be quite high lol on top of the oil change. yeah lots of new technology in that motor, I am excited to see how itt holds up being the first ford designed and built motor sence the 6.9.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts