Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a pop today...... Thinking it was just a I\C tube or my intake I pulled over and checked...All good. Got back in and drove another mile or so and noticed the truck runs fine but has not even close to the power it should. My thoughts are the turbo. I just sold all my gauges so Im not sure where my boost is at but is there another way to see if in fact my turbo is bad. I appologize if this seems to be a foolish question but when all else fails check with the Gods of the Powerstrokes. Any thoughts?

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
You will get a better response if you post this in the appropriate forum for the motor you have...more people will see it. Maybe a mod can move it for you if you tell us what motor it is.

That being said, take the intake off and check the compressor wheel on your turbo for any play side to side.

Thats a start-

later

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
I moved it to 7.3 motor problems. Hope this gets you a bit more visibility for someone to help you out.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I moved it to 7.3 motor problems. Hope this gets you a bit more visibility for someone to help you out.
Thanks for the move........It ended up being a IC tube that blew off:thumb:

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Love those easy fixes!
I would do the CCV mod now. After you clean the boot out real well, use a little hairspray on the inside of it to help it stick to the pipe a little better.

later

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love those easy fixes!
I would do the CCV mod now. After you clean the boot out real well, use a little hairspray on the inside of it to help it stick to the pipe a little better.

later

I definately love the those easy fixes...Especially after just letting go two rods and doing a swap. My thoughts exactly on the CCV mode

1 - 6 of 6 Posts