Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just got my 03 f250 back from the dealer because i broke the shaft in the turbo. It runs a lot better but i just got an SCT X3 and when i run it on performance it is almost like it is defueling but it sounds like the turbo is cutting out. The only way i can describe is it its like the truck is cutting out and i was thinking it might be the pump and actually is defueling. I hooked up the SCT and it didnt read any DTC's. Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem like this or if anyone has ne clue what this could be. Your hellp would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,885 Posts
So i just got my 03 f250 back from the dealer because i broke the shaft in the turbo. It runs a lot better but i just got an SCT X3 and when i run it on performance it is almost like it is defueling but it sounds like the turbo is cutting out. The only way i can describe is it its like the truck is cutting out and i was thinking it might be the pump and actually is defueling. I hooked up the SCT and it didnt read any DTC's. Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem like this or if anyone has ne clue what this could be. Your hellp would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
7.3 Or 6.0????

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sry left that out its a 6.0

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also like to add that on the lower settings it runs fine

·
Registered
296 Posts
could be the map senser it will defeul the engine if the turbo boost get to high as not the damage anything

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
will it eventually mess something up though because i jus put a turbo in it 3 days ago and i dont wana go through that again

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
If you don't have custom tunes, get custom tunes. If you do have custom tunes, get new custom tunes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea it doesnt have any right now im waiting for the tunes to be switched to my truck because i bought the sct off someone and i think its where i havent reflashed it or w.e thats causing it to cut out like it is

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So i got my custom tunes on my truck today and it still cut's out when its on a certain tune. sounds almost like it could be an injector pump but im no diesel tech. And another thing i bought this tuner off someone whos had it on two trucks and this will make the 3rd one but still says 5/6 unlocks left is there something i have to do to it so it knows its going on my truck

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
my 7.3 did that and all we did is get a map fooler, after that the beast would spool with out cutting out. my 6.0 just died before i could tune it so it might be different on it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea and i think the injectors are cloged or the pump is going bad because i only get about 260 to a tank and lately ive been gettin 80 miles to a half

1 - 12 of 12 Posts