Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trouble started w/dp tuner. When I'm half throttle or more, the trans. hesitates, feels like it is slipping. When it does shift, it hits pretty hard. Will the jw valve body fix this?:dunno: When I'm driving it easy, it seems to shift fine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've got to jump into this one too. I'm having the same problem. Anyhting info or advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
so when you give it throttle your rpms rise but no gain in speed? Does it slam when shifting all gears? Does it slip in all gears?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a gain in speed. It's just when it is ready to shift, is when I have a problem. It feels like it doesn't want to shift, then when it does, it slams into gear. 1st to 2nd is the worst.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
yup, exact same thing happened to me. mine would slip under hard takeoffs as well. When it would wind up in first there would be a pause then WHAM into second. I got a woods VB and it cured that. After the VB now it had a wierd shift as well. Would upshift to 2nd, down to 1st, back up tosecond, just boom boom boom. Jody's tweaken my chip right now, should have it back by wednesday. All other shifts feel great

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, I guess I need to start w/valve body. Should I call Dennis first, or just get the valve body & start from there?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I would call and talk to Jody first and see what he says, he might be able to just tune it out. On another note a good VB is always a good thing, especially for these trannies, it will help it last a bit longer and what not.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How do I get a hold of Jody? Never talked to him before.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Does it shift late?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When it's wide open throttle, yes.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
It probly needs a little adjustment to the tv cable and the bands inside the transmission, and a good valve body will help alot. If your ambitious and you have good mechanical ability you can get a transgo shift kit and do the valve body yourself, but only if you have some experience, many shops can do it for ya too, but its just another idea for ya.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the help, I'll call Jody in the morning.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Wewillie. Please don't be offended. This trans has no cable and the only band is a brake band for going down hills in 2nd.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts