Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how easy is it to put the stock exhaust system on again, i am looking at a truck but it has a tuner and aftermarket exhaust but it will also come with stock and dpf, without the dpf there is NO WAY for me to register it in cali:( :confused:

thanks a lot

maybe a few pics of things to make sure i do would be great thanks
-Bubba

·
Registered
723 Posts
how easy is it to put the stock exhaust system on again, i am looking at a truck but it has a tuner and aftermarket exhaust but it will also come with stock and dpf, without the dpf there is NO WAY for me to register it in cali:( :confused:

thanks a lot

maybe a few pics of things to make sure i do would be great thanks
-Bubba
To put back the stock exhaust isn't the problem, anybody thats a little handy can do, BUT which tuner does the truck have ?? Cause some tuner leave footprints & FORD will be able to tell your using one:(

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it has a spartan with a flopro exhaust...will that be a problem?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
No that shouldn't be a problem. Supposely spartan is the most non-decatable tuner out on the market.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, well generally what would i need to take it off?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Taking off/ putting on the factory exhaust is fairly easy. I put the back end up the truck up on jackstands on the frame rails to let the suspension hang. Then pulled the wheel and shock off on that side and it was easy as pie. Got the entire DPF back section off in one piece.

·
Registered
570 Posts
To put back the stock exhaust isn't the problem, anybody thats a little handy can do, BUT which tuner does the truck have ?? Cause some tuner leave footprints & FORD will be able to tell your using one:(

He won't have to worry about detectability by Ford if hes just wanting to get it registered

·
Registered
97 Posts
Which tuners are most detectable? I thought the Spartan, H&S and the SCT were all about the same from what I read? Also read that they can tell if any tuner was on the truck if they look hard enough???:dunno:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts