Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i got a problem with my truck.

just yesterday it was running fine with no problems and just last night i went to fire her up and she did just fine then she started to bog down and eventually died out?

any suguestions?
i had a buddy of mine run a scan and its not throwing any codes?

it shutters and we replaced the cam sensor and now she idles but its really rough and im not getting any power at all and no acceleration.

any leads would help!

thanks!!:dunno:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone? :bump: :bump:

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Fuel pressure?

Oil Level?

ICP #'s...?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
didnt check fuel pressure were testing the injector pump now.

oil level is good

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
What injector pump are you talking about?

If you're talking about the fuel pump in the valley, how are you checking it?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Quick and easy check....how's the fuel filter? When was the last time it was replaced?

Is there fuel in the engine valley?

mike

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
now ive replaced the fuel filter 3 times and everytime i do there seems to be almost mud in the bottom of the fuel bowl and ive cleaned it out over again but it keeps comming up from the tanks

thats why im worried about my injectors

would injectors make this problem?

·
Registered
776 Posts
I don't think there's any way that your injectors could have done that to the fuel. Is there grit in it, or is it just dark. (like it has motor oil in it) If there's oil in the fuel, I guess there could be a problem around the injectors, though someone more knowledgeable than I will have to chime in on that one.

To me, it almost sounds like you're sucking sludge off the bottom of an old fuel tank. (how much fuel do you have in the tank)

I think you're on the right track continueing to change the fuel filter. Sucks as they're not super cheap.

mike

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i mean ive awalys run it with fuel in teh tanks only a few times have i run it to below E

usally its got more than a half tank in it.

yeah they arnt cheap but if it saves my motor i think its worth the investment

has anyone had this happen to them?

·
Registered
173 Posts
if your sucking gunk up from the tank then you should 1)clean tank out 2) flush lines 3) replace filters again. if your filters are doing their job, then your injectors should be ok. thats all i can think of at the time

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do i have to pull the tanks to flush them?

im thinking thats one thing that needs to be done with the reoccurring dirt in the filter...

·
Registered
173 Posts
ya gonna have to remove the tank. i dont know how you flush the lines though. id imagine a can o carb cleaner?.. at one end then a empty bottle at the other and just spray till its clean

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
drop the tanks and clean then, then reinstall with an electric fuel system with remote mount filters.... problem solved.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
still nothing we cant seem to find the issue, she idles now because we replaced the cam sensor but its still way underpowered and does not accelrate at all..

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
STILL cant find anything

anyone with any kind of idea would be MUCH appreaciated.

this has had to of happened to someone else too...

·
Transmission or Injectors
743 Posts
still nothing we cant seem to find the issue, she idles now because we replaced the cam sensor but its still way underpowered and does not accelrate at all..
I really have no direct answer, but I am just trying to think of things it could be

If it idles ok, is it the throttle position sensor on the pedal? If it idles, it means its hitting the idle validation switch, but might not be seeing the full range of the sensor (just brainstorming)

What kind of shape is the turbo in? Does it spin freely? how are the gaskets on the up-pipes?

Thats all I can think of right now. hope you find the problem soon

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well see i had thought the tps too and i called my trans guy who rebuilt it and he said if it was bad itd of thrown a code and he told me the voltages it should be reading and it saw the voltages just fine..

as for the turbo thats one thing i was thinking but man i really hope its not the problem.
it spins fine but after this happened it still sounds like its spinnin from the tailpipe but its not building a whole lot of boost usally at 2000 rpms ill see maybe 5 or 6 pounds crusing but after this happened i havent seen but 1 or 2 pounds....

as for the gaskets i have no clue..

i havent been with the truck for a day now its over at my buddys shop.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts