Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who knows what modifications have to be done to the Super Duty IC pipes to fit in my 97 engine bay???

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
Damnit Justin, I told you to get ahold of me if you needed pics/helps. I have SD pipes that were made to fit...

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damnit Justin, I told you to get ahold of me if you needed pics/helps. I have SD pipes that were made to fit...
i done did forgot...i am too excited...i lose my mind

hey matt...can you get me pics of your SD IC pipes:hehe:

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
i done did forgot...i am too excited...i lose my mind

hey matt...can you get me pics of your SD IC pipes:hehe:
:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Side view. This being the passenger side, you will have to cut pipe right before the bend and add a boot between two pieces. You can see the boot that was added to make it work

Front view, just to give you another niew

and here is the PITA part... drivers side. will NOT fit around the ac compresser... has to be cut just before and the pipe has to be rebent to fit around the backside

as you can see on the drivers side, the nasty chitty bend that was made to fit behind the ac unit. Mine was just bent using a bench vice... I highly suggest taking the cut off piece to an exhaust shop and have them bend it just for appearance pusrposes... I am currently in process of doing this myself

If you need more specific measurements or what not on where the cut are exactly let me know, I will go measure them.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when you get a chance, could you go measure it...now make sure those measurements are down to the 64th of an inch:hehe:

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
I will get them within 1/128th. Really the easiest way to do it(as far as Im concerned) is get your IC mounted and then throw the pipes in the engine bay and start cutting and fitting... you will need more boots and clamps... did you check out that website I posted in your other thread?

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will get them within 1/128th. Really the easiest way to do it(as far as Im concerned) is get your IC mounted and then throw the pipes in the engine bay and start cutting and fitting... you will need more boots and clamps... did you check out that website I posted in your other thread?
yes i did...i actually have it saved as a fave....which exact ones did you buy

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
yes i did...i actually have it saved as a fave....which exact ones did you buy
Ok, what I did... I was having problems blowing off the IC boots at all the bends because the little 3in. boots were barely long enough. where the pipe bends around the AC unit I ordered the 6" boot for more coverage... this one...

Charge Air Cooler Hose 3" ID X 6" Long w/Rings - Blue: Intake Hoses, IntakeTubing, and Intake Clamps

I also got a bunch of the constant torque clamps... only way to go, and doubled them up to ensure I wouldnt blow anymore boots off... these ones...

Constant-Torque Hose Clamp for 3" ID Hoses: Intake Hoses, IntakeTubing, and Intake Clamps

The double clamp thing overkill? prolly, but I havent blown a single hose since.:crazy: Also a little trick, clean the ends of the pipes really good and spray it with hairspray then install boots. Works good and really makes them stay in place.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so how many total

boots -
clamps -

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
7 boots
17 clamps(if doubled in bend zones)

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
wtf...i have the 3 that came with it plus getting one from MrJohnWayne. I still need 7 more
Yeah, when you start cutting and adding pieces the parts list goes up...:doh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts