Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I may have a TS6 chip burned for a manual in my auto pickup...

My pickup is a 97 eclb, 7.3 PSD, E4OD auto, 4x4. I bought it stock, added a S&B intake, 3" downpipe with a 4" Diamond Eye strait pipe, Edge Insight CTS for gauges, and a TS6 tuner with the standard tunes. I got the TS maybe 6 months/10,000 miles ago, from a guy who seemed a bit sketchy. He said the tuner was for a 97 PSD with a manual transmission, but that the computer that controls the auto would over ride it and that it would shift fine. And well, it worked for a while. Had some weird shifts here and there. Lately, it's been shifting hard when I'm anywhere past 1/4 throttle, and it has a solid 3-5 second pause where it feels like it's taking a long time shifting from 3rd to 3rd with the torque converter locked up, then it shifts fine into 4th. I put the chip to the stock setting, tranny shifts fine. I'm thinking I should get this ***** retuned for an auto... thoughts? Did I just cut my tranny life in half? haha thanks in advance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh also, I checked the fluid tonight. It was full, but was a bit brown and smelled burnt. I'm going to replace it and service the transmission soon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been driving it around on the stock setting, and seems to be just fine. Obviously the tuner is the issue. I contacted a local diesel performance shop to see if they can reburn it with the correct tunes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well if it is supposedly an auto tune and not a manual trans tune, I wonder why it seems to be acting up so bad when the tuner is active.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.