Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to towing this much weight with my truck. Since I have bouaght I have only towed my 5K boat which is nothing. I have an evolution that is on level 3 "TOW" and seems to be working very good on power level and trans shifting. My truck has 61K on it and is all stock except the evolution. My problem is that when the truck is in OD at about 62mph the EGTS run up to 1200 and I have to slow down to get it to shift down into 4th and then they go down to 800-900. What is safe sustained EGTs? How do I keep the truck in 4th? I tow in the TOW mode as well. Will bigger exhaust help?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
314 Posts
most say 1250-1350 is max sustained pre turbo. Yes bigger exhaust will help lower egts, i see your in CA but if you can delete the cat it will help to. I dont think youll be able to keep the truck in 4th.

·
Premium Member
4,418 Posts
assuming your truck is an 05+ (not in your sig or post dude) then tow with tow/haul on and dont mess with holding it in any gears. The newer tranny is not the weak point. max sustained egt? make sure you know where your measuring it, but 1200 is a safe number, even a little more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts