Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a remote start for my truck. I am at a cross road on which one to get. Does anyone know which one would work better? I am looking at the Compustar Pro P2W9000FMR and the AviStart 4400 2-Way Security / Remote Start System. Any and all help would be appriciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone have any info on this? I can build Jets but I am clueless when it comes to this stuff.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I have never heard of those two mfg's

Where are you shopping at? It would be a good idea to get a name brand alarm. I have a DEI (Viper) that has a 1 mile radius. It is by far the best alarm/remote start out there IMO.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not to sure where im shopping yet. There are a few shops around that sells both of those brands. I am just not to sure which one would work better. What is DEI?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to bump this up

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone run either the avistar 4400 or the compustar pro? I really dont know which one is better or the best way to have it hooked up. Thanks

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
Haven't heard of those two sorry:dunno:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
You need to go to a shop. Buying some no name product off...

of the internet is a very bad idea. TRUST ME!! Go talk to someone face to face at a reputable alarm/stereo shop in your area. It will be the best decision. I made the mistake you are about to make once before. NEVER AGAIN!! Oh and by the way DEI stand for Directed Electroncic Inc. They are one of the largest alarm companies in the United States. They are a very reputable company. Just trying to help ya out, but buy whatever you want....nothing but problems on down the road!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I will go and talk to them this weekend. Thank you all.

·
Premium Member
14,491 Posts
Hey Rebel, you are in Washington, right? I've been looking at getting one of those too ... My older brother installs all the electronics in cop cars and state vehicles all over the US. I can get one installed as a g-job by one of the guys and they only use the best.

Let me email him tomorrow and ask which one he suggests (as long as he's back from Hong Kong).

BTW, you have an automatic, right?

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep I sure am in Washington. I sure appriciate your help.

Yes it is an automatic

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks I will sure look there as well.

·
Premium Member
14,491 Posts
I emailed this thread to my work so I don't forget tomorrow.:thumb:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea I had to email this thread to my home account. I dont work tomorrow night. I think I am going to spend the day cleaning out my truck. It really needs it.

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
I installed the Python 990. It also has Security, Great for the thefts on a rise!! Has a window to monitor. Lets you know if alarm was set off or when door is opened. You can start yer rig up to 1 mile away.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is why I was looking at the avital avistart 4400. Same company.

Avital 2-way

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
S W E E T ! !
Sorta nerve racking hearing these rigs being on the hot list

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ill say. They have the muscle but they sure dont go as fast as you would think that people would want.

·
Premium Member
14,491 Posts
Had to wait for bro to get back from his trip...... He recommends DEI as mentioned before.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts