Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys with the current mods I have in my signature what would you recommend I upgrade next? I have roughly 750-1000 dollars to spend and I am not ready for a MTW or injectors yet. Since it will make a difference my final three mods will be MTW stage 4 turbo, Warren 225/150 injectors and BTS trans.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I looked at water methanol but didnt here good things, and I have thought about autoenginuity but really want more power lol.... what about traction bars?

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
If you plan on going bigger with turbo and injectors, then your next step (IMO) should be to upgrade your fuel system.

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
Start laying the ground work for those huge sticks.

The fuel system is first on the list. - a lot of ways to make this happen do your homework, those are huge injectors.

Next step, start looking at better HPOPs, as those 225s may over tax the stocker.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
As of right now the only thing he can do for a better HPOP which isn't really needed for a 225 injector is to go with an early 03 style HPO system with the pump and rails and get an adrenaline HPOP for the 03. That is until Bill gets finished with his prototype 05-07 HPOP and has it on the shelves.

Honestly Gary if your wanting to go with the BIG sticks then you should start with the upgraded fuel system at least at this point getting parts together for the fuel system build.

If its power your looking for you can't beat a new water/meth setup. They are pretty idiot proof these days with a lot less risk of hydro-locking your engine, now that's not to say that it won't or can't happen. But today's water/meth systems are far superior to the ones of a couple years ago. And for the price to power ratio plus added benefits of cooler egts whether your trying for performance or DD or a tow rig they are a great addition to your engine. I don't know from experience YET but I have heard of better fuel economy with a water/meth setup as well.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I have been researching tonight and thinking about a PHP FICM tuner and AEM HD Water/Meth Kit. For fuel system I am thinking doing Airdog 150, XDP Sump, Aeromotive A1000, Aeromotive Billet Speed Controller, Regulated Return with fuel bowl delete, and removing the entire factory fuel system and replacing with braided lines and aeroquip fitting. And yes I know that all is going to cost me between $2500-$3000 dollars lol but I should never have to worry about it again unless a pump wears out.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok the final gauges are on the way to compliment the CTS, and I have decided for sure that when my check comes in next week from insurance company I will be ordering a PHP FICM Programmer, and traction bars to put some power to the ground better. Any body got any more suggestions or cons on what I have picked so far?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts