Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gonna lift my truck 8" but I want a true 8" lift.......not 8 up front and 5 or 6 in the rear. So my plan is to buy an 8" kit and then add 2" to the rear somehow to keep the raked angle. The catch is I want to keep my stock rear leafs for the towing capacity. I could easily do the lift with new 8" springs and add a 2" block, but I dont think the aftermarket springs are gonna be as good as stock....or are they? Fabtech told me that there replacement springs will drop my 1 ton truck to basically a 1/2 ton.:dunno:Can you guys help me with some ideas on how to do it.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang those things are sweet but they are also $1500 bucks.........just for the rear blocks

·
Registered
767 Posts
SkyJacker or Superlift one of those or both are true 8" lifts, my brother has one on his truck. It just uses your factoy block, but its all spring.

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
Dang those things are sweet but they are also $1500 bucks.........just for the rear blocks

Rear blocks with integrated traction bars.

One thing to watch on 05+ is how much rake you run on the truck....the higher the rear is than the front and the less positive caster that the truck has.

You can do a Rize 8" with 8" rear springs:
Rize Industries 8 Inch Quad Link Front System - 2005-2007 F250/F350 SRW - 2005-2007 F250/F350 SRW 4wd - Truck Toyz Store

Click the Customize button to add the Icon 8" rears to that system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts