Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm about to start tearing my truck apart and I'm still puttin my list together. Feel free to throw something out if I need or think I should get.

Arps
Oem gaskets
(What other gaskets should I order)
Sending my injectors to Jesse warren(still debating on size 155s or 175s
Snap on tourque adapter(anyone hve a part number on this or a price?)
Set of torxs bits
All new glow plugs
Glow plug harness?
New oil cooler
Elc coolant
T6 rotella(I currently run 15w40)

I did some updates when I did my egr delete such as blue spring, new turbo drain and supply lines. Feel free to throw in any opinions. Thanks

·
Registered
741 Posts
I would skip the glow plugs unless you're getting codes for them. Definitely get harnesses. Injectors o-ring kits.

Check out Bryan's sticky in the 6.0 General section.

Go with the 175's from Jesse.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your parts lost is like Chinese to me lol. I feel like 75 percent of that I don't even need . Well I hope not. Will my turbo clean up those 175s?

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
That is a complete list of all the parts you could replace while the top end is apart should you choose to. You don't have to buy every part on the list it's just there for reference should you need or want to buy that stuff.

A stock turbo stands 0 chance of cleaning up 175's.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not even with a tune? I have a 03 motor with 03 turbo if that makes a difference?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm trying to come up with parts I NEED to replace. Anything else I come across while I'm in there that needs replacing ill go from there

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
No your 03 turbo WILL NOT clean up 175's. I was hitting and holding 38 psi of boost with my stock charger and it didn't even come close to cleaning 175's up.

Again the list is there for you to choose what you want to replace.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm in the same boat as the OP, I'm compiling a list now and my list is almost exactly the same as his. When y'all say clean the injectors up, what exactly are you meaning?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It just means that the turbo can boost high enough to get the maximum potential of the injectors. If it doesn't there will be some smoke involved. That's where I thought custom tuning would come in handy! I just need to call and talk to warren and get his opinion.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Jesse will probably tell you to get the 175's, he made me a deal I couldn't refuse on 175's when I was on the fence. You can always have fuel pulled from the injectors to get them to clean up. I am running his 175's and tony's extreme tune and the only time I get smoke is when I punch it and when the torque converter locks up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts