Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey bros,

Sold my bed anticipating putting a flat bed on.

When I sold it, I accidentally left some wiring in there.

I have what is in the pic, off the drivers frame rail at the very back of the frame. Also have the actual tail light bulb wiring harness and tag lights.

Im missing whatever goes between these.

Please let me know what im missing, or is there just a generic type pigtail I can buy that will plug in and give me bare wire after for the new flat bed install?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Dang I messed up this time didnt I!

I have no idea about the year and model of your truck....

......because you didn’t provide it.

:{)

But I did a quick google search on my truck, and there are multiple sources for images of wiring diagrams available. Many of those sources also sell the separate harnesses.

Maybe one of those could be of benefit to you?

Best o Luck.
Hopefully you’ll find what you need.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought I got the specs in my sig, sorry Im a computer noob!

Its a 2000 F350 7.3L 4WD Crew Long. These plugs are along the drivers frame rail at the very back. I have the actual taillight harness/wiring and the license plate light wiring....but Im missing whatever goes between the plugs in the pic and the tail light wiring.

I think it may have been trailer wiring of some sort?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Thought I got the specs in my sig, sorry Im a computer noob!

Its a 2000 F350 7.3L 4WD Crew Long. These plugs are along the drivers frame rail at the very back. I have the actual taillight harness/wiring and the license plate light wiring....but Im missing whatever goes between the plugs in the pic and the tail light wiring.

I think it may have been trailer wiring of some sort?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Specs very well may be in your signature.
I mostly view the forum on my phone via Tapatalk, and signatures don’t show up unless you look specifically for them.

Either way, just do a google search for the tail light wiring diagram for your truck.
You’ll find multiple sources, and probably locate a source for whatever harness you need.

·
Registered
727 Posts
IF YOU HAVE A U-PULL-IT JUNK YARD IN YOUR AREA.....JUST GO BY AND GET THE REST OF THE WIRING HARNESS FROM A DAMAGED TRUCK.....IT WILL PROBABLY BE ABOUT $10.00.....

ALL THE TAIL LIGHT WIRES SHOULD BE THE SAME FROM 1999 TO 2003 OR LATER.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
The big square plug is for the trailer tow receptacle. You can get ready-made plug in harnesses with a 7-flat RV connector from etrailer.com

The round plug is the rear truck lighting. If you have the LR lighting socket, you may have the mating plug for this connector. If you don't, you can splice your new flat bed lighting directly to these wires without the plug.

Back up lights blk /pink
Left turn/brake = Lt grn / orn
Right turn/brake = orn / lt blu
Tail / marker / tag = brown
"3rd" brake light = Lt green (Not normally connected.)
This wire can be used for stop-only lighting. If you have 2 lights on each side, connect the outer on each side to the respective turn/stop. Connect the inner on each side to this wire. With brake only, you have 4 red lights. With a turn signal, you have 3 red lights, and the turn signal on the turn signal side. Different and unique. Similar to the way big rigs do it. Dedicated stop lamps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts