Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing to buy an oil filter for the 6.0...what brand do you guys recommend? Thinking of going with an International filter...does anyone know the part number? Do they use Lubefinder filters? Also does the 6.0 hold 16 or 15 quarts of oil? This will be my first time to do an oil change so any advice is greatly appreciated. :confused:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Deffinately not more than 15 qts. I run 14qts...might be a dipstick irregularity.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone else? Could really use the advice...

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Needing to buy an oil filter for the 6.0...what brand do you guys recommend?
RACOR : 2008 6.4L POWERSTROKE diesel oil filter ALSO FITS 2003-2007 6.0 POWERSTROKE DIRECT OEM REPLACEMENT CALL FOR CASE DISCOUNTS
Thinking of going with an International filter...does anyone know the part number? Do they use Lubefinder filters?
no clue.
Also does the 6.0 hold 16 or 15 quarts of oil? This will be my first time to do an oil change so any advice is greatly appreciated. :confused:
Holds 15 quarts. Haven't used it yet but it's been raved about so much that I will be trying it soon, Schaeffer's 7000 or 9000 is highly recommended

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Motorcraft filter.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
racor makes motorcraft I believe you just pay more for a name.

·
Compression Ignition Addict
7,445 Posts
Do not use Luberfiner filters. They are the wrong ones.

Fuel Filter:
Ford..............3C3Z-9N184-CA
International...1847170 C92 or C93
Motorcraft.......FD-4604
Racor……….PFF4604

Oil Filter:
Ford.............3C3Z-6731-AA
International...1840752 C91
Motorcraft......FL-2016
Oilguard.........PFL 2016 (do not use #2016)
Racor.........PFL 2016 (do not use #2016)

Air Filter:
Ford.............4C3Z-9601-AA
Motorcraft......FA-1778
Donaldson......P603577

Transmission (External):
Ford.............3C3Z-7B155-BA
Motorcraft.......FT-145
WIX..............57702

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Do not use Luberfiner filters. They are the wrong ones.

Oil Filter:
Ford.............3C3Z-6731-AA
International...1840752 C91
Motorcraft......FL-2016
Oilguard.........PFL 2016 (do not use #2016)
Racor.........PFL 2016 (do not use #2016)
Bismic, is there a difference between pfl 2016 and pfl #2016? Because I use the racor pfl 2016. thanks.

·
7,445 Posts
Sorry if this was confusing - do not use the filter with ONLY #2016 on it. You want PFL 2016. The PFL is important. Hope this clears it up.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i have pulled filters apart and have found that fleet guard filters are my choice but i will have to look around for part numbers

·
7,445 Posts
Tank - it is a GREAT thread. Thanks!

Why did you "trim" it down? I had just started looking at it yesterday and today found it to be a LOT smaller. Did you move any info to other locations or just cut out the discussions?

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Sorry if this was confusing - do not use the filter with ONLY #2016 on it. You want PFL 2016. The PFL is important. Hope this clears it up.
thank you sir. whew!

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Tank - it is a GREAT thread. Thanks!

Why did you "trim" it down? I had just started looking at it yesterday and today found it to be a LOT smaller. Did you move any info to other locations or just cut out the discussions?
All the info is still there,...I'm just purging the replies every once in a while....when there gets to be to many....edit time....lol

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do both of the fuel filters have the same part #? Is there a difference between Ford filters and motorcraft filters?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tried to get a Racor from my local parts shop. They got the fuel filters but said they couldn't get the oil filter. Kind of weird but whatever. I have read many times that filters from an International dealer are normally cheaper. On my next trip to the big city I stopped at an International dealer. They use fleetguard filters at this dealer. They had them in stock. He gave me a price. I said to him I thought Racor made their filters like they do for Ford. He told me Racor does not make the Ford filters. He said Ford makes their own filters. I tried to correct him but he looked at me like I just fell out of the sky. Off to the Ford dealer I go. Got a price from them.

Prices were approx

Local guys-$34 and they said they could not get one.
International dealer-$46
Ford dealer-$32

I bought two from the Ford guys along with the small roll of toilet paper for the tranny.

·
Super Moderator
10,108 Posts
I tried to get a Racor from my local parts shop. They got the fuel filters but said they couldn't get the oil filter. Kind of weird but whatever. I have read many times that filters from an International dealer are normally cheaper. On my next trip to the big city I stopped at an International dealer. They use fleetguard filters at this dealer. They had them in stock. He gave me a price. I said to him I thought Racor made their filters like they do for Ford. He told me Racor does not make the Ford filters. He said Ford makes their own filters. I tried to correct him but he looked at me like I just fell out of the sky. Off to the Ford dealer I go. Got a price from them.

Prices were approx

Local guys-$34 and they said they could not get one.
International dealer-$46
Ford dealer-$32

I bought two from the Ford guys along with the small roll of toilet paper for the tranny.
do you have a walmart?

the 6.0 oil filter at walmart Ford OEM is 20 bucks

·
Super Moderator
10,108 Posts
And anything coming over the border gets taxed alot

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
And anything coming over the border gets taxed alot

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Yep. With duty, shipping and the difference in the dollars I would probably be north of $50.

I was actually surprised I got them for that price at the dealer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts